Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

The power of writing

I didn't have a Book of Shadow until recently, and I have yet took the time to really write in it. I did have a lot of notebooks everywhere in my home with, well, notes, but never actual texts, well written and well constructed. I do read a lot and love to go back to my books when I feel the need. I didn't feel the need to write my own texts, even though I considered it a few times. Never took time to do it.

Early this morning, I couldn't sleep some more, as a wave of inspiration came in. I've been in a little group called the Apple Tree Kindred, at first formed only by two of my pagan friends and I, just for the fun of giving our trio a name, and recently, we expanded to more people willing to share with us. So we have Pagans, Wiccans and Asatruar, and some open minded people willing to learn about paganism. As we tried to find activities to do together, the ideas of having workshops came out. A member could choose a subject he's familiar with and would be willing to talk about, and hold a discussion on that subject. Of course, I had to come out with a Runes Workshop.

So this morning, while I couldn't sleep, I started thinking about it, and soon enough, I was starting to write about the first workshop that I would lead. Because, yes, I am planning to have a few of them. The first one would be fairly simple, being an overview of what Runes are, where they come from and how we can work with them. As I was writing, I was looking information over the internet, in my books and in my notebooks, and it made me pay more attention to details I overlooked before. By the end of my paper, by writing down explanation of some concepts, I realized that I was also understanding those concepts better myself. I realized the importance of writing down my studies.

I can't wait to have my first workshop, and have feedback about it. I hope the members will like it and learn from it at least as much as I have learned writing it. But whatever happen, I think I will keep writing more of them. If its not for others, it will be for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment