Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Elements

I have yet took the time to really studies the elements, but I'm really interested in doing so soon enough. But I had a few experiences with their presence and there meanings, even though I don't understand everything that's going on.

I believe than within all beings there is all of the four elements (or five, if you follow the Chinese philosophy), and the amount of each one of them define some aspects of who we are. I believe that most people have one dominant element, which would define more dominant aspects of them, and a secondary element, maybe two, that defines secondary aspects of them. I guess that the elements given by zodiac sign coincide most of the time, if not all the time (but I really don't know much about astrology, another subject I want to study) For example, I know that my dominant is Fire. I've always known so. It coincide with my zodiac sign, which is Aries. I have a short temper (that I try to control). I'm passionate. I'm enthusiastic. I am a fiery person. I think these are few of the many aspects of my personality that is influenced by the Fire within me. I'm not sure what my secondary element would be. My ascendent is Virgo, which would mean my secondary would be Earth, which could make sense, but I really need to look into it to be sure.

I've also had an experience earlier this year in my Reiki class. I did the first level, and loved it, and still apply what I have learned in my life, and still practice treatments on myself, my fiance and other people close to us when they ask for it. The class in itself was also awesome. I learned so much and our group was awesome. We were a few people, but all from different background, with different belief and at different stage of our spiritual path too. It was really a great experience. toward the end of that first level, we at to practice treatment on each other, and since we were an odd number of students, there was to be a group of 3. I was in that group, with, in my opinion, the most advanced in her spiritual path (she had strong belief in the Angels, she was a medium too, still trying not to absorb all the emotion and pain of the people she was treating), and also the less experimented (she told us at the end that she almost dropped the class after the first one cause it seemed too much for her, but decided to stay anyway and just learn what she could). And it was one of the most interesting experience I ever had, and also the best feedback that I could receive, from both of these ladies.

The most experienced told me that while I was getting ready to treat her and making the connection with energy, she felt warmth coming for me. It was so perceptive that she could tell exactly where I was around her even though her eyes were closed. She also said that my hands were really warm. The less experienced one felt it too, but while she was treating me. She felt overwhelmed by the warmth and by the energy, it made her feel sick and she had to go sit at the other end of the class while the most experienced was finishing the treatment. I guess I do have a lot of fire inside me.


But even if we do have a dominant element, I think that the key to be a balanced person is to balance those elements too. Fire is a very hungry element, and it's easy to be overwhelmed by it. Others felt it around me, but it can overwhelm myself too if I'm not careful. Like, if I give in to anger. Or if I'm too passionate about something and don't think of consequences. Of course, meditation and relaxation helps a lot, but sometimes, I actually need another element to balance and calm down the fire. In my case, water usually work very well. When I feel angry, or even sad (because I tend to transform sadness into anger if I'm not careful), when I feel aggressive, I take a shower. A long and warm shower (warm helps not piss off the fire, and let the water calm it). And everytime, it works.

I also had a dream last night. I was holding my Tarot deck, and I almost dropped it. A card did fall out, it was the Moon, and felt into water. It wasn't floating at the surface, but really was in the water. I'm still trying to figure out what that dream is supposed to mean. I know that the Moon is very much associated to water, so it seems to fit. But still.

I guess I still have a lot to learn about the Elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment